Thursday, April 4, 2013

Did you know God says we can test Him?

Malachi 3:10

10 Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

Wow! God says TRUST ME!!! TEST ME!! I've got your back! Ok, maybe He doesn't use those exact words, but it's implied. :-).

In my last post I talked about 'really trusting God' and how after taking a look at myself seeing what I needed to change. One of the things on my LONG list was tithing. I've tithed for awhile giving to charities, sponsoring people (Watoto!!!) and putting into the offering plate when I remembered to get cash. But never my 10%. 10% seemed so Old Testament. 10% seemed undo able. 10% seemed down right crazy!! I'm a single income family for me and my two cats. And if you've never met Lucy, well, my girl likes to eat! 10%, huh?

It's pretty clear that 10% is the benchmark. 10% is stated over and over in the Bible. Ok...10%. I set up automatic giving so I knew there was no going back, and no way I could forget OR not make giving my priority. I want to be "All in!"

Almost the moment I clicked confirm for my auto deduct, people started giving to me! In the first three weeks I raised $85. And now I've raised about $850!! I also got my taxes back and put that towards my trip too. Today as I stand before you (typing on my phone)...I only need $1000 more. Wow!! I have a month to go and I just know God will provide. Why? Because He says I can test Him. And He WILL provide.



No comments:

Post a Comment