Sunday, April 21, 2013

Oh, just some pretty cool updates is all.

I just got back from a Uganda trip meeting and I feel more ready than ever! There are a couple changes to our trip that I am very excited to share with you!

1. Not only will we be building a house, as planned, we will also be spending a great deal of time with the Mum's and just loving up on them and encouraging them. Our team leaders asked for people to volunteer to do this and also to help lead it...I hope I get picked! ;-)

Think single Mom to 8 kids!!! Oh, my! They NEED to be pampered and cared for. So much attention go to the kids, cause well, they're kids but he Mum's need it too!

2. We will have to separate afternoons with the kids. First day we are going to do an American Field Day, adapted for Ugandans. Haha. Not sure exactly what that means....but I'm in! And the next day we will go to church with them and then have kind of a carnival day with face painting and balloon figures and stuff. How much fun?!

3. This is still only a possibility, but maybe a strong possibility....praying!!!! The people of Hope Community Church raised enough money last Christmas to build a new church at one of the villages. There is a good chance it will be done and dedicated while we are there!!!!!!! How amazing is that?!?!?! Oh, that God of ours...always in the details. I tell ya!

My heart is bursting with excitement in the fact that we get to meet and serve these people that God has chosen for us to do so. He knew before I was knitted in my mothers womb that I would be there, with these fellow Christ followers serving the beautiful women and children of Watoto.

Right now, believe it or not, I'm speechless.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. GOD IS GREAT....I LOVE THAT HE IS USING YOU....;))) I'm so proud of u...xoxo...keeping u in prayer daily

      Delete