Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dear Diary...

At the beginning of this week I posted on a friends wall some words of encouragement.  She is going to church now and growing closer to the Lord and we couldn't be happier for her.  But it seems like people are trying to pull her down.  I reminder her that as we increase in our faith, the devil increases his pull on us.  I also shared one of my favorite bible verses with her that has helped me through some tough times. 

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

And by Saturday, I needed those words spoken to me.

It's been a bit of a rough week.  Day after day something not great happened, and by the end of the week it seemed almost overwhelming.  
1.  I had some dental work started in July of last year and I put off finishing it until now and the cost, which I thought was paid for, was $1500.  But it'll all be done in three weeks! Yay!  But this extra expensive was not planned and obviously didn't come at a good time being that I'm saving and raising money for Africa.
2.  My mother is being laid off in April.  They've been giving her the run around for two years now, but it's official.  She's worked for Blue Cross and Blue Shield for almost 30 years.  So it's going to be a tough time going forward.  Emotionally, financially...
3.  My Grandmother is in the hospital again for the third time in about a month and a half.  Doctor's say she is congestive heart failure.  Which can be something small or something really big.  But the fact is she is almost 85 and she isn't going to actually ever be "better."  I love that woman.  
4.  Work has been tough.
5.  I only raised $185 in the first two weeks and now I feel like I'm begging and it feels almost impossible.
6.  I spread myself to thin and I'm tired.

But I know that all things are possible with God.  So, I will trust in Him and this day too shall pass.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment